RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 is completely updated and redesigned to take the series to all-new heights. Featuring incredible 3D graphics and the exclusive new Coaster Cam, you can now see your park from any angle and ride the coasters you build.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, commonly abbreviated RCT3, is a strategy and simulation computer game. It is the third installment in the RollerCoaster Tycoon series, and was first released on October 26, 2004 in North America. RollerCoaster Tycoon places players in charge of managing amusement parks; rides can be built or demolished, terrain and scenery can be adjusted, and prices controlled to keep visitors or "peeps" happy.
RollerCoaster Tycoon features two methods of gameplay. In a career mode, players must complete set objectives in predesigned scenarios. RollerCoaster Tycoon also adds a new sandbox mode to the series, giving players unlimited time and money to create their own custom parks. New additions include the ability to import and export custom attractions, design custom scenarios and peeps, an in-game recorder, and a fully three dimensional world players can view from all angles.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 is a strategy and simulation game in which players manage all aspects of an amusement park by building or removing rides, scenery and amenities, adjusting the park's finances, hiring staff, and keeping the park visitors, known as "peeps", happy. RollerCoaster Tycoon features two main game modes. The career mode features scenarios where players must accomplish goals, such as impressing a visiting celebrity or attaining a certain park rating. Each scenario has three levels of objectives ranked as Apprentice, Entrepreneur, and Tycoon; the higher the level, the harder the goal to complete. A third of the scenarios are initially playable, with the rest unlocked by completing objectives at each level. The second mode of play is the sandbox mode. Players are given a large, empty plot of land and unlimited funds with which to build their custom parks.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 includes new gameplay features such as the CoasterCam, which allows players to "ride" roller coasters and other rides, and the MixMaster, which allows the player to coordinate firework shows and time them to in-game music. Another new feature is an in-game recorder allowing players to record their parks, rides and more. Unlike the two previous versions of the game, RollerCoaster Tycoon and RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, the guests, called "peeps", arrive in groups and show variation in gender and age, including children, teenagers and adults. A day/night cycle changes the demographics of the park's peeps; rides at night appeal to teenagers, while the daytime attracts families with children. Parks now have opening and closing times, and the time of day is displayed. Scenery is divided into themes to customize parks, with western-, spooky-, science fiction- and adventure-themed pieces. Another feature is the ability to import coasters from previous games in the series into RCT3.
The game uses fully 3D graphics instead of the isometric viewpoint of the previous games; players can rotate and zoom the view of the park to any degree. However, there is an option to fix the camera's rotation to 90Â° angles, as in the previous games.
* Grab a front seat for the ride of your life with the jaw-dropping Coaster Cam
* See every detail in stunning 3D with fully controllable park cameras
* Cope with changing weather patterns and enjoy beautiful vistas, sunsets, moonlight, and more
* Experience the latest extreme coasters and heart-pumping rides! Live Every spine tingling detail in stunning 3-D with fully controllable cameras
* Spice up any backgrounds, rides, fireworks display and laser light shows with your own music.
* Create your own park guests and groups with the Peep Designer and experience their reactions to the rides you build! Soak them and watch their reactions! Send them on wild safari and let them pet the animals!
* Create savage encounters and thrilling safaris! Conquer 12 Wild! Scenarios and experience cool jungle and prehistoric design themes.
* Play through dozens of scenarios in three difficulty modes or build without limits in Sandbox mode
* Create pyrotechnic wonders and laser light shows with the RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 MixMaster